Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

CEF4Delphi -- page not loading

Christoph

CEF4Delphi -- page not loading

Post by Christoph »

Hello,

we have a project using TChromium. dpr-file looks like

GlobalCEFApp := TCefApplication.Create;
GlobalCEFApp.BrowserSubprocessPath := 'SubProcess.exe';
GlobalCEFApp.Cache := TPath.GetHomePath + '\cache';
GlobalCEFApp.Locale := 'de';
GlobalCEFApp.FlashEnabled := False;
GlobalCEFApp.EnableHighDPISupport := True;
GlobalCEFApp.FastUnload := True;
GlobalCEFApp.MustFreeLibrary := False;

GlobalCEFApp.LogFile := TPath.GetHomePath + '\debug.log';
GlobalCEFApp.LogSeverity := LOGSEVERITY_ERROR;

GlobalCEFApp.OnContextInitialized := GlobalCEFApp_OnContextInitialized;

When we load any URL on our side, everythonog is working as expected.

When one of our customer is trying to load a URL it is not working, OnLoadError says errorCode = ERR_ABORTED
The debug.log contains the following lines:

[1010/113208.010:ERROR:gpu_process_transport_factory.cc(1027)] Lost UI shared context.
[1010/113210.792:ERROR:mf_helpers.cc(14)] Error in dxva_video_decode_accelerator_win.cc on line 517
[1010/113223.146:ERROR:mf_helpers.cc(14)] Error in dxva_video_decode_accelerator_win.cc on line 517

Any idea how to solve the problem on customers side?

Thank you!
salvadordf

Re: CEF4Delphi -- page not loading

Post by salvadordf »

Check these :
  • Check that SubProcess.exe is present in the same directory as your app. I've seen some reports about antivirus programs giving a false positive with SubProcess.exe and sometimes they delete it or block it.
  • If that computer uses a proxy then you need to configure TChromium to use it.
  • Check that the computer is virus free and other browsers can access Internet.
Christoph

Post by Christoph »

Thank you for possible reasons:

- Check that SubProcess.exe is present in the same directory as your app. I've seen some reports about antivirus programs giving a false positive with SubProcess.exe and sometimes they delete it or block it.
--> SubProcess.exe is present in the same directory, task manager shows the process; antivirus program was temporarily deactivated, no effect

- If that computer uses a proxy then you need to configure TChromium to use it.
--> no proxy

- Check that the computer is virus free and other browsers can access Internet.
--> Internet access is definitivly available

Any other idea?
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

I checked he CEF3 sources and the ERR_ABORTED error is generated when :
  • Navigation is cancelled in the TChromium.OnBeforeBrowse event by setting the "Result" parameter to TRUE.
  • The TCefUrlRequestRef.Cancel procedure was executed.
  • The app tried to load an extension but the extensions are disabled.
  • A TCefUrlRequestRef was redirected but the UR_FLAG_STOP_ON_REDIRECT request flag was set, which causes the redirect to fail.
In case none of those situations are happening, could you test these demos on that computer ?
The first ZIP contains the SimpleBrowser2, MiniBrowser and MDIBrowser demos with all the CEF libraries that I built and signed. They are fully tested in Windows 7 and Windows 10.

The second link is the official CEF application.
Christoph

Post by Christoph »

Hello,

update to this task:

we gave the SimpleBrowser to our customer. His response is, that in the SimpleBrowser loading of a http URL is working, https is not working.
Here some details from his server:

==> ssl_access_log <==
172.18.16.26 - - [16/Oct/2018:16:20:22 +0200] "POST /otrs/index.pl HTTP/1.1" 200 1624
==> ssl_request_log <==
[16/Oct/2018:16:20:22 +0200] 172.18.16.26 TLSv1.2 ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 "POST /otrs/index.pl HTTP/1.1" 1624

Any idea what we can do?

Thank you!!!
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

Please, tell your customer to check if he/she can access HTTPS websites with a regular web browser. Test your website and other websites.

If the customer can't access HTTPS websites with a regular web browser then there's a firewall blocking all that traffic.

If the customer can navigate to secure websites then use the TChromium.OnCertificateError event to get the certificate error and check the usual causes for certificate problems :
  • The certificate is no longer valid.
  • The customer's system has the right date and time.
  • This is a shared hosting server and somehow you are receiving the wrong certificate for your domain (believe it or not, this happened to me)
If you need a quick way to get the certificate error information tell your customer to install BriskBard and open your website. It uses CEF4Delphi and shows the same certificate error information your app is getting.
Christoph

Post by Christoph »

Thank you very much for the hint to OnCertificateError, this helped us to solve the problem!