Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

Rendering issue with EnableGPU := true

dinko

Rendering issue with EnableGPU := true

Post by dinko »

I have a problem that happened one day without any reason. I am running a chromium app for many months with the following:

LibCefVersion: 3.3683.1920.0 x64
ChromeVersion: 73.0.3683.75
Delphi version: 10.3
EnableGPU: true

One day I came back to my project and when I tried to compile and run my app on the area that CEFWindowParent is, i see the background of windows:
https://monosnap.com/file/bCRAdqQ9PgavV ... NHbHlxGHcI

The problem is only on rendering as the page works fine with mouse. For example if I click on that windows desktop image and there is a link, chromium executes it. If I open debugging tools, I can see things loading, console log messages. Everything runs, except the visual part.

But that happens only if i Buid the app within Delphi IDE. If I use any build tool like Final Builder with the exact same settings as delphi compiler/linker etc, CEF works fine.

The only way to make it work within Delphi compile is to set EnableGPU to false. But that's something I want to avoid because in some older systems with AMD cpu they complain about slow performance, so I had to enable gpu setting to make it work.

Just to mention that I didnt changed anything to Windows setup or hardware of system.

Did anyone faced a similar issue? Anything to check?
salvadordf

Re: Rendering issue with EnableGPU := true

Post by salvadordf »

Hi,

A lot of things have changed since that CEF4Delphi release.

Can you reproduce that issue with any of the demos in the latest CEF4Delphi version?

Are you using the same Delphi IDE?
Have you applied any Delphi updates?
dinko

Re: Rendering issue with EnableGPU := true

Post by dinko »

The latest version fixed this issue as well as many other issues I had.

Good, thanks!