Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

twitter.com does not work in CEF 85 ("Something went wrong" error)

hvassbotn

twitter.com does not work in CEF 85 ("Something went wrong" error)

Post by hvassbotn »

Hi,

We have recently upgraded from CEF 60 to CEF 85 (to support an app that required minimum CEF 83) - most things work fine now, but have noticed that twitter.com does not work properly. I get an error message saying "Something went wrong" and a refresh button with "Try again".

This is how twitter.com looks like in the minibrowser demo after logging in:
MiniBrowserTwitterFails.png
You can see the same error without logging in by just clicking the Signup button.

In the console I get errors like:

Code: Select all

api.twitter.com/graphql/n_jswaO2MLtvj4GsYghr-Q/DataSaverMode?variables=%7B%22device_id%22%3A%22Windows%2FChrome%22%7D:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FAILED
api.twitter.com/2/timeline/home.json?include_profile_interstitial_type=1&include_blocking=1&include_blocked_by=1&include_followed_by=1&include_want_retweets=1&include_mute_edge=1&include_can_dm=1&include_can_media_tag=1&skip_status=1&cards_platform=Web-12&include_cards=1&include_ext_alt_text=true&include_quote_count=true&include_reply_count=1&tweet_mode=extended&include_entities=true&include_user_entities=true&include_ext_media_color=true&include_ext_media_availability=true&send_error_codes=true&simple_quoted_tweet=true&earned=1&count=20&lca=true&ext=mediaStats%2ChighlightedLabel:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FAILED
I found some references online about the error - but only trial and error type fixes:
https://www.askvg.com/fix-something-wen ... rs-new-ui/

I did try to clear the cookies using the Chrome Debugger, on the Application page (Clear storage, Clear site data button). It required me to login again, but then I had the same issue again. Besides when I started the MiniBrowser app, the cache folder was empty.

The same site works fine in an earlier CEF version corresponding to Chrome 60. I've tried modifying the UserAgent string to pretend we're still at version 60, but the same error occurs.

Are you able to reproduce?

Would you like me to open an issue in the github site?

Best regards
Hallvard Vassbotn

PS: I've been meaning to for a long time to donate a small amount - will make sure that happens soon :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hvassbotn

Re: twitter.com does not work in CEF 85 ("Something went wrong" error)

Post by hvassbotn »

A similar issue seems to happen with reddit.com:
MiniBrowserRedditFails.png
Same kind of ERR_FAILED messages

Code: Select all

gql.reddit.com/?request_timestamp=1600944830173:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FAILED
gql.reddit.com/?request_timestamp=1600944830201:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FAILED
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

Hi,

That issue was fixed in the CEF binaries recently :
https://github.com/salvadordf/CEF4Delphi/issues/301

Update CEF4Delphi to the latest version available at GitHub.
hvassbotn

Post by hvassbotn »

Ah, perfect - thank you! :)
hvassbotn

Post by hvassbotn »

I should have tried the latest and greatest versions before reporting this, of course.

I like the Breaking changes pinned thread you have here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=739&start=10

Could I suggest that you pin a thread and keep all the "Update to CEF" posts there?

The single posts easily get lost in the "noise" of the other threads in the General group, and it would be nice to have all the delta-updates collected in one thread. Easier to see if it is worth upgrading or not.
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

Thanks! I'll merge those threads and pin them.