Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

Demo applications not working

salvadordf

Re: Demo applications not working

Post by salvadordf »

Hi,

It looks like you are experiencing this issue :
https://github.com/salvadordf/CEF4Delphi/issues/37

I only have a Delphi 10.2 Starter license and I can't test CEF4Delphi in older Delphi versions.

I just uploaded a new version of CEF4Delphi with more pointer checks and I also removed an unused interface in the initialization.

Please, download CEF4Delphi again from GitHub and test it in Delphi XE2.
https://github.com/salvadordf/CEF4Delphi
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

I had to revert the changes to the deleted interface but the pointer checks remain.
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

Hi,

There's a problem with the initialization depending on the computer, Delphi version and component creation style.

Right now I'm testing a different approach and I'll upload the changes as soon as I can.
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

Hi,

I just uploaded the fix for the initialization bug. Please download the latest version of CEF4Delphi from GitHub and try to run the demos in your computer.

Thanks for your help!
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

Hi,

Please, don't interpret the following instructions the wrong way.
I'm just trying to discard some of the most common causes for this problem.

Please download the following file :
https://www.briskbard.com/SimpleBrowser.zip
(100% clean in virustotal.com)

That file has all the files necessary to run the SimpleBrowser using in-memory cache. You just have to decompress it and run "SimpleBrowser_release.exe" or "SimpleBrowser_debug.exe"

I have compiled them in debug and release modes with Delphi 10.2 Starter and I've tested them in Windows 7 32bit, Windows 7 64bit and Windows 10 64bit creators update.

Remember that it may take a few seconds to load if Windows update, your antivirus or any other windows service is using your hard drive.

Depending on your internet connection it may take longer than expected. The executables in that file will have to download all the web page because they use in-memory cache and that will make it slower.

Please check that your firewall or antivirus is not blocking these applications or the domain "google.com". If you don't live in the US, you'll be redirected to another domain which will take a little time too.

Remember that SimpleBrowser is the simplest browser you can get using CEF4Delphi and it doesn't show any sign of progress like other web browsers do.

Thanks for your help!
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

Thanks! :D

I'll download the trial windows 8.1 iso from Microsoft and I'll create a VM to see what's going on.
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

It's a clean Delphi 10.2 Starter installation.

I had my own components installed previously but I removed them, downloaded CEF4Delphi from GitHub and compiled it as is.

I use an updated version of indy so I had to remove the old indy version that came with Delphi. Other than that, that installation is clean.

I just finished installing Windows 8.1 and in its current state SimpleBrowser works. Let's see what happens when Windows is fully updated.
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

... my computer is extremely slow and the virtual machine is even slower with the windows updates.

Don't hold your breath. This may take a LONG time.
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

Thanks once again! :D

I just uploaded the fix for the icudtl.dat file.