Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

Run a CEF4Delphi based software from Wine

vince29

Run a CEF4Delphi based software from Wine

Post by vince29 »

Hi,
I want to execute a software based on Delphi form wine project. I was on linux mint 20.1. 64bits.

I've installed my program who's called Pleiades + Comfie (64bits). I First had a problem with the Libcef.dll. I download this dll from dll-file.com and replace it in to the system32 folder.

Now, when I run Pleiades I have this problem :

I don't now if I must install CEF4Delphi on Wine, on Linux or if just a copy of the corrects files or DLL files in the correct directory...

Can you guide me ?
salvadordf

Re: Run a CEF4Delphi based software from Wine

Post by salvadordf »

vince29 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:28 am Hi,
I want to execute a software based on Delphi form wine project. I was on linux mint 20.1. 64bits.
I use Linux Mint too! :D
vince29 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:28 am I've installed my program who's called Pleiades + Comfie (64bits). I First had a problem with the Libcef.dll. I download this dll from dll-file.com and replace it in to the system32 folder.
Now, when I run Pleiades I have this problem :
I don't now if I must install CEF4Delphi on Wine, on Linux or if just a copy of the corrects files or DLL files in the correct directory...
Can you guide me ?
CEF introduces changes very frequently and CEF4Delphi checks that libcef.dll is the right version to continue loading the application.
You get that error message when you try to use an incorrect libcef.dll version.

I haven't used Pleiades but I would try using the Pleiades installer within Wine and then you should have the right CEF binaries in the right directory.

It's been a while since the last time I tried to run a CEF browser inside Wine. They used to have many problems in Wine but I just tested some of the CEF4Delphi demos on Wine 6.0.1 and some of them work perfectly!

The browsers in normal mode have a flickering issue but the OSR browsers seem to be perfect! :D

Read these guides to install and run your programs in Wine :
https://linuxhint.com/installing_wine_linux_mint/
https://itsfoss.com/use-windows-applications-linux/
vince29

Post by vince29 »

I would try using the Pleiades installer within Wine
That's what I did, I check my version of wine and it was 64b too.
You get that error message when you try to use an incorrect libcef.dll version.
Actually, when I change the libcef.dll form 32b to 64b in the system32 folder, the error message is not the same.

If you want try, you can download the Pleiades Demo at https://www.izuba.fr/logiciels/telechargements/ and Install it
Last edited by vince29 on Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

I installed that program in Wine but I don't know how to use it. Most of the windows seem to work and the CEF libraries are installed in these directories :
c:\Program Files (x86)\IZUBA énergies\Pleiades\data\util\net\cef-files\amd64
c:\Program Files (x86)\IZUBA énergies\Pleiades\data\util\net\cef-files\i386