Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

Delphi 10.3 -- SubProcess not running

Christoph

Delphi 10.3 -- SubProcess not running

Post by Christoph »

working with Delphi 10.3 Rio and CEF4 (latest version from https://github.com/salvadordf/CEF4Delphi.git/) we run into the problem, that a project with SubProcess.exe (GlobalCEFApp.BrowserSubprocessPath := 'SubProcess.exe';) does no longer load websites

Our sourcecode did not change from Delphi 10.2, project did compile with 10.3 Rio without problems, but now loading a website is no longer working

We did reproduce the behaviour with the demo project ..\trunk\demos\JavaScript\JSWindowBindingSubProcess, which shows the same problem, at least on our side. Other projects, e.g. ..\CEF4\trunk\demos\MiniBrowser do load websites successfully

Any idea how to solve this?

Thank you in advance!
salvadordf

Re: Delphi 10.3 -- SubProcess not running

Post by salvadordf »

I just tried the JSWindowBindingSubProcess demo with Delphi 10.3 and it loads google.com and briskbard.com correctly.

Perhaps the antivirus is blocking or deleting "SubProcess.exe". For some unknown reason some antivirus programs give a false positive with that file sometimes.
Christoph

Re: Delphi 10.3 -- SubProcess not running

Post by Christoph »

we checked antivirus, but without any change in behaviour

after some time we realized that in our project we used libcef.dll from Debug-Folder (size 113.422 KB) of cef_binary_3.3578.1860.g36610bd_windows32

replacing libcef.dll with the one from Release-Folder (size 88.357) solved the problem!!! :oops: