Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

Introducing the new OldCEF4Delphi!

salvadordf

Introducing the new OldCEF4Delphi!

Post by salvadordf »

Hi,

I promised to upload an old backup version of CEF4Delphi that supported Windows XP and Vista but it was such a mess that I had to go the oposite way : Adapt the new CEF4Delphi to the old 2623 CEF branch.

I took me several days to make all the changes but OldCEF4Delphi is now available here :
https://github.com/salvadordf/OldCEF4Delphi

You will need to add the OldCEF4Delphi/sources to the library path and the CEF binaries used in this project are inside the "CEF_binaries" directory.

OldCEF4Delphi uses CEF 3.2623.1401.gb90a3be which includes Chromium 49.0.2623.110

This is an obsolete web browser but if you really need to support Windows XP or Vista then OldCEF4Delphi is for you.
If you want the latest web browser, then install CEF4Delphi.

WARNING : CEF4Delphi and OldCEF4Delphi have many classes, types and constants with the same name but they are incompatible. It's NOT possible to install CEF4Delphi and OldCEF4Delphi at the same time. Don't set the library path to the sources directory of both projects at the same time or you will have problems.

PS : I can't create the Delphi 7 project but If someone creates it, please send it to me and I'll upload it to the repository.

PS 2 : Thanks to HPW for the Delphi 7 project files! Now OldCEF4Delphi can be used with Delphi 7 too! 8-)
salvadordf

Re: Introducing the new OldCEF4Delphi!

Post by salvadordf »

There are numerous technical reasons that prevent us from using both components at the same time or even to install them in Delphi at the same time.
If you need to develop an app using one of them you will have to uninstall the other component and replace the library paths.

You would have to create 2 versions of your application :
  • One version for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 or newer using CEF4Delphi
  • Another version for Windows XP and Vista using OldCEF4Delphi
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

Hi Hans-Peter,

Those files belong to the latest CEF3 binaries.

CEF4Delphi checks if they are present but OldCEF4Delphi doesn't check them because they didn't exist in the old CEF3 binaries used by OldCEF4Delphi.

Please, make sure you removed the CEF4Delphi source directory from the library path, delete the BPL and DCU files created by OldCEF4Delphi, and then build OldCEF4Delphi again.

Also check that all paths in the project point to OldCEF4Delphi and not CEF4Delphi.
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

I'm glad to hear that! :D

Feel free to attach them to this thread or create a pull request with the project files in the OldCEF4Delphi project :
https://github.com/salvadordf/OldCEF4Delphi
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

I just uploaded your Delphi 7 package to GitHub.

Thank you very much Hans-Peter! :D