Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

CEF limits on simultaneous connections

dian

CEF limits on simultaneous connections

Post by dian »

We are developing application which runs multiple TChomiums.
When CEF objects are up to 10 everything works well.
If we have 20-30 CEF objects within one application we are getting network errors, timeouts and even AV's within libcef.
If we run 4 appliction instances with 10 CEF objects in each everything works ok.

Running multiple app instances is inconvenient workaround. We would like to run required number of browsers within one app...

What limits does CEF have per application and how they can be changed?
salvadordf

Re: CEF limits on simultaneous connections

Post by salvadordf »

Hi,

Apparently, Chromium has some limits in the number of connections. This is an old post but you can find similar information when you search for "Chromium connections limit" :
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/is ... l?id=12066
dilfich

Post by dilfich »

It is unlikely that this is a limitation, most likely that you are doing something wrong. up to 100 instances and each with its own proxy work without problems, all only rests on the resources of iron.
And probably it is important that the application was x64 version.
dian

Post by dian »

App is x64

Can proxy settings in one TChromium object affect somehow proxy settings in another TChromium objects?
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

CEF uses the preferences in the request context to set the proxy settings.

If you create independent browsers with new request contexts in the same application then the proxy settings in one browser shouldn't influence the rest.

I would make some tests without a proxy to see if there's an issue somewhere else. Then I would repeat the tests with a proxy but creating independent browsers with new request contexts as shown in the MDIBrowser demo.
dian

Post by dian »

Looks like it's what we needed.
Thank you very much!