Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

Update to CEF 78.3.1

salvadordf

Re: Update to CEF 78.3.1

Post by salvadordf »

thefunkyjoint wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:36 pm Maybe the problem is related to Delphi 2007 ? What can i look for on my D2007 installation , aside from uninstall it and install again (which would be a big hassle as i have a lot of third part components) ?
I don't know.

Before reinstalling everything create a virtual machine with a new Delphi 2007 installation. You must only install CEF4Delphi in Delphi to test the SimpleBrowser2 demo and your application.

It wouldn't be the first time someone finds out there was something wrong in some Delphi component and he had to reinstall everything again.
thefunkyjoint

Re: Update to CEF 78.3.1

Post by thefunkyjoint »

Here is what i did : uninstall D2007 from my machine and installed it again, clean install.

Installed CEF4Delphi components, tried to run the SimpleBrowser demo and... it crashes again !

It seems the problem is related to something in D2007, as in Delphi Xe it will run ok. Looks like my next step would be move my app to Delphi XE :shock:

EDIT : I just tested on Delphi2007 , but now in a Windows 10 machine (the prior was Windows 8) and it runs ok ! It seems the problem is related to something in my Windows installation... Which would be very hard to identifiy. Probably i should start it fresh and resintall Windows too.

It's been quite a ride to identify this problem... Thank you very much for your help Salvador, i really appreciate !