Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

Google refusing login

thefunkyjoint

Google refusing login

Post by thefunkyjoint »

Hi,

Certain Google accounts are refusing logins from my app, returning the error below :
Couldn't sign you in
This browser or app may not be secure. Learn more
Try using a different browser. If you’re already using a supported browser, you can refresh your screen and try again to sign in.
Is there anything i could do ?

Thanks
salvadordf

Re: Google refusing login

Post by salvadordf »

This is what Jonathan Skelker said in the forum where this was discussed :
Applications that require a Google sign-in should authenticate using OAuth via the system browser, even if they are embedding a browser engine
https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.or ... j1v_cqBgAJ

The CEF project maintainer also said that applications that sign in to Google services should authenticate using OAuth 2.0 and the system browser :
https://magpcss.org/ceforum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16764

Fortunately, there seems to be many code examples when you search "delphi oauth2 example" in Google.
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

I forgot to add that if anyone has a working OAuth code example I would gladly create a demo in the project.
thefunkyjoint

Post by thefunkyjoint »

That would be very nice as this issue will affect a lot of people... For the time being, as far as i know, not all logins are being affected, but probably they will increase this over time and without Google login a lot of applications will be useless with CEF...
thefunkyjoint

Post by thefunkyjoint »

I'm wondering how can Google identify we are running CEF and not a 'regular browser'. Does 'GlobalCEFApp.DisableReadingFromCanvas := true;' makes any difference about this ?
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

I don't know. They don't share how they detect the browsers.
thefunkyjoint

Post by thefunkyjoint »

It seems now it's official : a lot of people had contacted me claiming they can't use Youtube logged on my app :oops:
Screen Shot 2019-12-24 at 08.47.06.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thefunkyjoint

Post by thefunkyjoint »

Is there any way to block any fingerprinting attempt ? Probably google is doing some fingerprinting technique to identify that we are using CEF.
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

I think the safest and fastest route is to implement OAuth authentication in your application.

I don't know how they identify the browsers and other workarounds would be short-lived because they know the Chromium code base much better than any of us.
thefunkyjoint

Post by thefunkyjoint »

salvadordf wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:18 pm I think the safest and fastest route is to implement OAuth authentication in your application.

I don't know how they identify the browsers and other workarounds would be short-lived because they know the Chromium code base much better than any of us.
I understand. Is there any example code showing how OAuth works ?

Thank you !