Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

TPagecontrol drag&dock caused the render process crash

MirMyth

TPagecontrol drag&dock caused the render process crash

Post by MirMyth »

Hi,
I’m working on a tab browser that can dock/float a form to/from
a tab of the pagecontrol in the main form. When try to do some drag/drop action then dock/float has be done, the browser window go black, and I can check the Task Manager to confirm that the render process has crashed. And the cef debug log nothing useful.

Can you give some help?
Thanks a lot.
salvadordf

Re: TPagecontrol drag&dock caused the render process crash

Post by salvadordf »

Hi,

I haven't looked at Delphi VCL code but I wouldn't be surprised if the code related to the dock/float mechanism recreates some handles and CEF thinks the application is closing.

Try calling TChromium.SetNewBrowserParent to a hidden TCEFWindowParent before you dock/undock the browser. When dock/undock is finished then call TChromium.SetNewBrowserParent again to the old TCEFWindowParent component.
MirMyth

Post by MirMyth »

ihave tried your solution. Nothing help. Still terminate the render process when drag/dock action done.
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

It's hard to guess what could be happening. I would need all the code necessary to reproduce this issue.