Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

Strange user-agent and <A> attribute "ping".

igor666

Strange user-agent and <A> attribute "ping".

Post by igor666 »

I apologize for asking 2 questions, I did not want to produce extra topics.

1. I set my AcceptLanguageList

Code: Select all

GlobalCEFApp.AcceptLanguageList: = 'ru-RU, ru; q = 0.9, en-US; q = 0.8, en; q = 0.7';
but as a result, I see the following in the developer’s tools

Accept-Language: ru-RU, ru; q = 0.9, ru; q = 0.9; q = 0.8, en-US; q = 0.8; q = 0.7, en; q = 0.6, en; q = 0.7; q = 0.5
Why is that? The AcceptLanguageList that I install is the standard LanguageList for my region, as it is in the Chrome browser.

2.The second question concerns the attribute ping tag A, it does not make a request. You can check on Google search. When you click on the link from the search result, a request should be sent to the address specified in the ping attribute, but this request is not in the developer tools. Although it is in the same Google browser. Below are screenshots, on the first request from the Chrome browser, the cursor is placed just on the request from the ping attribute. On the second, the same transition to cef4, there is no request. Can this be fixed?

Thanks for the help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
salvadordf

Re: Strange user-agent and <A> attribute "ping".

Post by salvadordf »

igor666 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:05 am 1. I set my AcceptLanguageList

GlobalCEFApp.AcceptLanguageList: = 'ru-RU, ru; q = 0.9, en-US; q = 0.8, en; q = 0.7';
but as a result, I see the following in the developer’s tools

Accept-Language: ru-RU, ru; q = 0.9, ru; q = 0.9; q = 0.8, en-US; q = 0.8; q = 0.7, en; q = 0.6, en; q = 0.7; q = 0.5
Why is that? The AcceptLanguageList that I install is the standard LanguageList for my region, as it is in the Chrome browser.
There are several properties to assign the AcceptLanguageList. Try a different property if you see Chromium is modifying your list :
  • GlobalCEFApp.AcceptLanguageList : You have to set this before the GlobalCEFApp.StartMainProcess call
  • TChromium.AcceptLanguageList : You can call this function at any time but you will have to call TChromium.UpdatePreferences after you set this property.
  • TChromium.Options.AcceptLanguageList : You have to set this property before calling TChromium.CreateBrowser
  • TChromium.SetUserAgentOverride(const aUserAgent, aAcceptLanguage, aPlatform : ustring) : You can call this function at any time.
igor666 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:05 am 2.The second question concerns the attribute ping tag A, it does not make a request. You can check on Google search. When you click on the link from the search result, a request should be sent to the address specified in the ping attribute, but this request is not in the developer tools. Although it is in the same Google browser. Below are screenshots, on the first request from the Chrome browser, the cursor is placed just on the request from the ping attribute. On the second, the same transition to cef4, there is no request. Can this be fixed?
GlobalCEFApp.HyperlinkAuditing is TRUE by default and it adds the --no-pings switch to skip those requests. Set it to FALSE if you need them.
igor666

Post by igor666 »

Thanks, TChromium.Options.AcceptLanguageList works.
But GlobalCEFApp.HyperlinkAuditing: = false did not help, the request is still not in the developer tools.
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

Sorry I was confused.

The default value of GlobalCEFApp.HyperlinkAuditing (true) should be enough to avoid setting the --no-pings switch.
The GlobalCEFApp.DisableBackgroundNetworking is FALSE by default so it shouldn't affect the pings.

I'm really busy right now but you can try disabling some sections (or all) the TCefApplicationCore.Internal_OnBeforeCommandLineProcessing procedure to see what switch is the culprit.
igor666

Post by igor666 »

Unfortunately nothing helped, commented everything in OnBeforeCommandLineProcessing but still no ping. I looked in your Briskbard browser, the situation is similar there.

By the way, TChromium.Options.AcceptLanguageList worked in one project, in the second much the same, it doesn’t work. I checked in MiniBrowser demo, it also does not work correctly. And when you try to interactively change the AcceptLanguageList from the property, it reads it correctly, but not when it is displayed in the developer tools.
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

igor666 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:44 pm Unfortunately nothing helped, commented everything in OnBeforeCommandLineProcessing but still no ping. I looked in your Briskbard browser, the situation is similar there.
Try commenting everything in GlobalCEFApp.OnBeforeCommandLineProcessing and TChromiumCore.doUpdatePreferences

That would leave the browser with all the default CEF preferences and settings values and it should behave exactly as the official CEF sample application.
igor666 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:44 pm By the way, TChromium.Options.AcceptLanguageList worked in one project, in the second much the same, it doesn’t work. I checked in MiniBrowser demo, it also does not work correctly. And when you try to interactively change the AcceptLanguageList from the property, it reads it correctly, but not when it is displayed in the developer tools.
The TChromium.Options.AcceptLanguageList value is used in the TChromium.CreateBrowser function and it's not used after that.
If you need to change the AcceptLanguageList after creating the browser then use TChromium.SetUserAgentOverride or TChromium.AcceptLanguageList
igor666

Post by igor666 »

Thanks Salvador. Ping was defeated, in the procedure

procedure TChromiumCore.doUpdatePreferences(const aBrowser: ICefBrowser);
begin
  FUpdatePreferences := False;

// The preferences registered in CEF are defined in :
  // /libcef/browser/prefs/browser_prefs.cc

UpdateProxyPrefs(aBrowser);
  UpdatePreference(aBrowser, 'enable_do_not_track',                  FDoNotTrack);
  UpdatePreference(aBrowser, 'enable_referrers',                     FSendReferrer);
  //UpdatePreference(aBrowser, 'enable_a_ping',                        FHyperlinkAuditing);
  UpdatePreference(aBrowser, 'plugins.run_all_flash_in_allow_mode',  FRunAllFlashInAllowMode);
  UpdatePreference(aBrowser, 'plugins.allow_outdated',               FAllowOutdatedPlugins);
  UpdatePreference(aBrowser, 'plugins.always_authorize',             FAlwaysAuthorizePlugins);
  UpdatePreference(aBrowser, 'browser.enable_spellchecking',         FSpellChecking);
  UpdateStringListPref(aBrowser, 'spellcheck.dictionaries',          FSpellCheckerDicts);
  UpdatePreference(aBrowser, 'settings.force_google_safesearch',     FSafeSearch);
  UpdatePreference(aBrowser, 'settings.force_youtube_restrict',      FYouTubeRestrict);
  UpdatePreference(aBrowser, 'printing.enabled',                     FPrintingEnabled);

if (length(FAcceptLanguageList) > 0) then
    UpdatePreference(aBrowser, 'intl.accept_languages', FAcceptLanguageList);

if (FMaxConnectionsPerProxy <> CEF_MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_PROXY_DEFAULT_VALUE) then
    UpdatePreference(aBrowser, 'net.max_connections_per_proxy', FMaxConnectionsPerProxy);

if FRunAllFlashInAllowMode then
    UpdatePreference(aBrowser, 'profile.default_content_setting_values.plugins', 1);

case FWebRTCIPHandlingPolicy of
    hpDefaultPublicAndPrivateInterfaces :
      UpdatePreference(aBrowser, 'webrtc.ip_handling_policy', 'default_public_and_private_interfaces');

hpDefaultPublicInterfaceOnly :
      UpdatePreference(aBrowser, 'webrtc.ip_handling_policy', 'default_public_interface_only');

hpDisableNonProxiedUDP :
      UpdatePreference(aBrowser, 'webrtc.ip_handling_policy', 'disable_non_proxied_udp');
  end;

if (FWebRTCMultipleRoutes <> STATE_DEFAULT) then
    UpdatePreference(aBrowser, 'webrtc.multiple_routes_enabled', (FWebRTCMultipleRoutes = STATE_ENABLED));

if (FWebRTCNonProxiedUDP <> STATE_DEFAULT) then
    UpdatePreference(aBrowser, 'webrtc.nonproxied_udp_enabled', (FWebRTCNonProxiedUDP = STATE_ENABLED));
end;
commented out the line UpdatePreference(aBrowser, 'enable_a_ping', FHyperlinkAuditing); and now everything works as it should. The variable FHyperlinkAuditing is always false here, regardless of the GlobalCEFApp.HyperlinkAuditing setting and therefore pings did not work.

Thanks again for your help.
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

Thanks for testing this and finding the cause of this issue! :D

I'll set the same default value for the GlobalCEFApp.HyperlinkAuditing and TChromium.HyperlinkAuditing properties in the next update.
igor666

Post by igor666 »

If someone is interested with the user-agent also figured out. If you do like this

as a result we get this

and if you assign this value

GlobalCEFApp.AcceptLanguageList: = 'ru-RU, en-US';
then the result will be the one I need

CEF substitutes "q" itself, and as practice has shown, not always. Something like this :)