Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

About update

thefunkyjoint

About update

Post by thefunkyjoint »

When updating, is it safe just copy the new files to the same folder CEF4Delphi is already installed, instead of removing the package and installing it again ?

It's a lot eaiser / faster just copy new files to same folder :D
salvadordf

Re: About update

Post by salvadordf »

Delphi keeps using old DCU and BPL files sometimes.

It's recommended to uninstall the component, delete all those files and install it again.
If you just copy the new PAS units then Delphi may still use the old compiled units and cause problems.
thefunkyjoint

Post by thefunkyjoint »

That's odd because everytime i compile my app, i can see Delphi compiling CEF4Delphi files... If CEF4Delphi files are being compiled again, does it mean the DCU are being generated again ?
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

I don't know the details about this issue but if your application builds everything then I guess you only need to copy the CEF4Delphi files.

There are several forum users reporting issues when they tried to upgrade CEF4Delphi.

They often say that the application is trying to load old versions of the CEF binaries.
Sometimes they have building errors when the new CEF4Delphi version has some different event parameters but Delphi seems to be using the old ones.

If you see something like that, then you need to follow the previous instructions.
thefunkyjoint

Post by thefunkyjoint »

Ok, thanks for the info Salvador. :D