Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

External pump ecapsulated in a TFrame

Esico

External pump ecapsulated in a TFrame

Post by Esico »

Hi Salvador

I tested the FMXExternalPumpBrowser a while back and it was a bit slow back then but it seems pretty fast now. I can hardly see any lag. Very usable.
Pretty impressive!

So i'm trying to create a demo project with the FMXTabbedOSRBrowser as example to remove the tabs and have only the bare minimum functional version with:

- TFrame (for maximum project portability)
- External pump (for maximum GUI flexability)
- All messages needed for resizing, typing

I don't want to use the tabs because I dont need it in my projects and it needs to be simple.

Anyway I can't get it to work. I get an exception in the external pump message.

I hope you or some else can help and tell me what I'm doing wrong here. I attached the project.

Best regards,
Edward
TabbedBrowser.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sergray

Re: External pump ecapsulated in a TFrame

Post by Sergray »

I am doing a similar project with MDI and the external pump. An exception began to appear in the version of CEF 87. I use CEF 86 and wait for the developers to fix it. They wrote here that the error is known.
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

Esico wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:32 pm Hi Salvador

I tested the FMXExternalPumpBrowser a while back and it was a bit slow back then but it seems pretty fast now. I can hardly see any lag. Very usable.
Pretty impressive!

So i'm trying to create a demo project with the FMXTabbedOSRBrowser as example to remove the tabs and have only the bare minimum functional version with:

- TFrame (for maximum project portability)
- External pump (for maximum GUI flexability)
- All messages needed for resizing, typing

I don't want to use the tabs because I dont need it in my projects and it needs to be simple.

Anyway I can't get it to work. I get an exception in the external pump message.

I hope you or some else can help and tell me what I'm doing wrong here. I attached the project.

Best regards,
Edward

TabbedBrowser.zip
Sorry for the long delay.

The attached demo in your message is a VCL project but you took an FMX demo as an example.
In addition to that, the attached TabbedBrowser project seems to be based in an old demo without an external pump.

I hope this helps but I just uploaded a new version of the FMXTabbedBrowser and FMXTabbedOSRBrowser demos with tab navigation controls and an extra button to hide and show the tabs.

If you needed a demo like FMXTabbedOSRBrowser but without the tabs then download CEF4Delphi again from GitHub.
It uses a message pump and It works fine.
Sergray wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:42 am I am doing a similar project with MDI and the external pump. An exception began to appear in the version of CEF 87. I use CEF 86 and wait for the developers to fix it. They wrote here that the error is known.
I tested the latest MDIExternalPumpBrowser demo and it seems to work correctly.

I recently changed a few parameters in some important events. That could be causing the issues you're describing.
Read the last messages in this thread for more information :
https://www.briskbard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=739

Sometimes Delphi keeps outdated DCU and BPL files that could also cause this issue.
Follow these instructions to make a clean install :
https://www.briskbard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=772#p3481

Please, provide step by step instructions to reproduce that issue if you still have it after upgrading to the latest CEF4Delphi version.
Esico

Post by Esico »

Hi Salvador,

Thanks for the great support and your effort.

I will get back to you next week with my results.

Thanks!
Esico

Post by Esico »

Works!