Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vimeo movie not playing on CEF.

michal@dorfin.waw.pl

Vimeo movie not playing on CEF.

Post by michal@dorfin.waw.pl »

Hi,

I'm using the latatest version of CEF (in Delphi 10.4.1.).
When I open a SimpleBrowser demo and navigate here:
https://vimeo.com/519410690/95dea7c5bd
and try to play the movie - it doesn't work.
There is an error when I click play button:
Player error
The player is having trouble. We’ll have it back up and running as soon as possible.
screen.png
When I close this message (X) - the video is being played but I can only hear the sound.
The same video on Chrome plays perfect.
What could be done to resolve this issue ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
salvadordf

Re: Vimeo movie not playing on CEF.

Post by salvadordf »

Hi,

It's probably a codec issue. Try building the CEF libraries with proprietary codecs following this guide :
https://www.briskbard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1097
michal@dorfin.waw.pl

Post by michal@dorfin.waw.pl »

Can I somehow recognize that the content of the site requires these proprietary codecs ? Of course in this case can handle it by filtering the url and redirecting it to default browser. But what if a movie s on any site and requires these codecs. Is there any event I could listen to in Renderer ?
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

If I'm not mistaken that depends on the video player used by each web page but I could be wrong because I'm not a web developer.

Some video players give error messages in the DevTools console but I'm not aware of any way to detect this issue with CEF in all cases.

I did a quick test with some old CEF binaries that I built with proprietary codecs for personal use and I can confirm that Vimeo works perfectly with them.