Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

FMXExternalPumpBrowser2 compile error

smonkey421

FMXExternalPumpBrowser2 compile error

Post by smonkey421 »

ENV: Delphi 10.4.2 Lite, CEF4Delphi 89.0.6, Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS

Compile the demo "FMXExternalPumpBrowser2(Delphi_FMX_Linux)", get these errors:
[DCC Error] E2597 C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\bin\ld-linux.exe: error: cannot find -lgobject-2.0
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\bin\ld-linux.exe: error: cannot find -lgdk-3

I already tried to update sdk many times, but the error still exists. Sorry, I don't know much about Linux, what should I do?

Thanks very much!
salvadordf

Re: FMXExternalPumpBrowser2 compile error

Post by salvadordf »

Hi,

I just have a Delphi Pro license and I can't test that demo because Linux support is only available in the Enterprise and Architect editions.

That demo was created by Christoph Schneider using the previous FMXLinux version and Delphi 10.4.1.

The latest FMXLinux version improved CEF4Delphi support and we need to update that demo too. You can see what Eugene Kryukov added to FMXLinux here :
https://bitbucket.org/crossvcl/fmxlinux/issues/254/cef-initialization-with-fmxlinux

I'll try to find someone to update that demo but it will take time.
smonkey421

Post by smonkey421 »

Thanks for reply, I'll try again.
smonkey421

Post by smonkey421 »

I tried to update sdk again, the error "C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\bin\ld-linux.exe: error: cannot find -lgobject-2.0" not appear. But "C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\bin\ld-linux.exe: error: cannot find -lgdk-3" still exist, so I commented the code(uCEFLinuxFunctions), compiled OK.

When I run this project in Ubuntu, it show "CEF binaries missing"(cef_binary_89.0.6_linux32 already copied to project dir), :(