Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

Chrome zero-day vulnerabilities

salvadordf

Re: Chrome zero-day vulnerabilities

Post by salvadordf »

thefunkyjoint wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:13 pm
renab wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:01 pm Ok great thanks so much.

I notice in the documentation it mentions that cef_sandbox.lib and libcef.lib can be omitted from the application directory when deploying -- why is that?
Is this true ? I don't need to deploy these two files with my app ? This would be 66MB less in the package ! :shock:
Yes, it's true. You can even remove some other files if you don't need to support all languages.

Read the "readme" file inside the CEF binaries for more details but don't remove support for "en_US".
That language is required even if your don't use it.
thefunkyjoint

Post by thefunkyjoint »

Let's say i deploy only the english language file and the language of my country. What would happen if my app is installed in a japanese computer, for instance ? :?:
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

You should set GlobalCEFApp.locale with the language code (ISO-639) of the language that will be used for the context menu items in the browser. If the locale file is not available then CEF will use the default (en-US).

These are the code comments for the GlobalCEFApp.locale property :
https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/cef/src/master/include/internal/cef_types.h#lines-311

Code: Select all

///
  // The locale string that will be passed to WebKit. If empty the default
  // locale of "en-US" will be used. This value is ignored on Linux where locale
  // is determined using environment variable parsing with the precedence order:
  // LANGUAGE, LC_ALL, LC_MESSAGES and LANG. Also configurable using the "lang"
  // command-line switch.
  ///
These are the comments for the "lang" command line switch :
https://peter.sh/experiments/chromium-command-line-switches/

Code: Select all

The language file that we want to try to open. Of the form language[-country] where 
language is the 2 letter code from ISO-639.
Edit : If you remove some of the CEF binaries then you may have to set the GlobalCEFApp.LocalesRequired property with a comma separated list of locales available in your installation. If you use an installer then you can even set GlobalCEFApp.CheckCEFFiles to FALSE.