Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

TThread Synchronize creates deadlock

sebfischer83

TThread Synchronize creates deadlock

Post by sebfischer83 »

Hi,

I pass a javascript message from my sub-process to my main application with SendProcessMessage(PID_BROWSER,....)
Now when I call anything like MessageDlg or try to show a form with TThread.Synchronize or TThread.Queue it hangs, I suspect this is a deadlock.
What can I do?
And to close the browser form, should this also be in Synchronize? (when I'm in the OnProcessMessageReceived method)
salvadordf

Re: TThread Synchronize creates deadlock

Post by salvadordf »

Hi,

According to the documentation, TThread.Synchronize suspends the execution of the current thread while the method is executed in the main thread.
http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/Libraries/Sydney/en/System.Classes.TThread.Synchronize

CEF and Chromium don't expect this and some events may freeze the app if you call TThread.Synchronize inside them.

I would use TThread.Queue or send a custom Windows message to the main form to execute your method in the main application thread without locking the current CEF thread.
sebfischer83

Re: TThread Synchronize creates deadlock

Post by sebfischer83 »

Thanks, the Window messages do the trick.