Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

Reviewing DomVisitor - A few procedures that are not called?

salvadordf

Re: Reviewing DomVisitor - A few procedures that are not called?

Post by salvadordf »

Hi Mike,

Chromium uses a different process to handle the DOM and Delphi can only debug one process at a time.
Normally, that process is the main browser process while the DOM is available in the render process.

Read this to debug that code :
https://www.briskbard.com/index.php?lan ... #debugging
salvadordf

Re: Reviewing DomVisitor - A few procedures that are not called?

Post by salvadordf »

stwizard wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:47 pm I have two problems though:
1) I cannot find the log file that was created
Check this :
  • The windows user executing your application must have write privileges in that directory.
  • Just in case there was nothing to log with the "info" severity level, use the "verbose" mode with GlobalCEFApp.LogSeverity := LOGSEVERITY_VERBOSE;
  • Set all GlobalCEFApp properties before the GlobalCEFApp.StartMainProcess call in the DPR file.
stwizard wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:47 pm 2) When I close the app, control does not return to Delphi, still looks like its running in debug mode. I have to click the "Program Rest (Ctrl + F2)" button to end the app.
Any ideas?
The single process mode is only used for debugging purposes and it's not supported by CEF. It's a known cause for crashes and it should be disabled in the final build of your application.

What you describe might be caused by the single process mode or :
  • The browser is not destroyed correctly. All demos follow a "destruction sequence" before closing the main form. That sequence is available in the code comments.
  • The last CEF versions have issues with some new features. Many demos have this code to disable them : GlobalCEFApp.DisableFeatures := 'NetworkService,OutOfBlinkCors';