Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

There is a fatal bug in the doOnBeforePopup function

salvadordf

Re: There is a fatal bug in the doOnBeforePopup function

Post by salvadordf »

Hi,

The default Result value in CEF for the OnBeforePopup callback is false to allow all popup windows.
However, you can override TChromium.doOnBeforePopup and add your customized code in a new component.

I modified the SimpleBrowser2 demo and set Result to true in the TChromium.OnBeforePopup event to test a few websites with popup windows.
SimpleBrowser2 blocked all popup windows correctly.

I'm not sure if this can be done in RAD Studio when you mix C++ and Delphi but if you can, set a breakpoint in TChromium.doOnBeforePopup to check that the Result parameter has the right value after the application executes TChromium.OnBeforePopup.
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

I forgot to add that the simpleBrowser2 demo disables NetworkService and OutOfBlinkCors with this code in the project file :

Code: Select all

GlobalCEFApp.DisableFeatures  := 'NetworkService,OutOfBlinkCors';
Try disabling NetworkService to see if the event is triggered as expected.
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

I went to "daum.net" and clicked all kind of links for more than 15 minutes but I didn't see any popup window.
I clicked on news articles, weather information, videos, maps, comics... I even clicked some ads but I didn't see any popup.

Perhaps the popup windows that you see contain ads that are targeted geographically by the IP and they only appear to users in your country.

Try using the TChromium.OnOpenUrlFromTab event too and set Result to true when targetDisposition is WOD_NEW_POPUP or WOD_NEW_WINDOW.

Please, let me know the URL of any website that shows popups even when you use TChromium.OnBeforePopup and TChromium.OnOpenUrlFromTab. All the information you could provide to reproduce this issue would be extremely helpful.

Edit: Now that I think of it, if the popup windows you see can be stopped by editing the default Result value in TChromium.doOnBeforePopup and the Delphi demos don't have that problem then it means that the Result value is not correctly passed from CEF4Delphi to C++ or from C++ to CEF4Delphi. Another person did a C++ builder port of CEF4Delphi long ago but he modified all the "var" parameters because he had problems with them.
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

I opened this URL using SimpleBrowser2 and MiniBrowser because SimpleBrowser2 blocks all popups but MiniBrowser allows all popups :
https://search.daum.net/search?w=tot&DA ... 5%EC%88%9C

MiniBrowser opened the popup window when I clicked that search result marked in red.
SimpleBrowser2 blocked the popup window when I clicked that search result marked in red.

I also tested https://www.daum.net/ and I clicked several ads with SimpleBrowser2 and MiniBrowser. MiniBrowser opened popup windows when I clicked the ads but SimpleBrowser2 blocked all of them.

I tested all this in Delphi 10.3 and Lazarus 2.0.2

Please, download the latest CEF4Delphi version and replace TChromium.doOnBeforePopup with this code in uCEFChromium.pas :

function TChromium.doOnBeforePopup(const browser            : ICefBrowser;
                                   const frame              : ICefFrame;
                                   const targetUrl          : ustring;
                                   const targetFrameName    : ustring;
                                         targetDisposition  : TCefWindowOpenDisposition;
                                         userGesture        : Boolean;
                                   const popupFeatures      : TCefPopupFeatures;
                                   var   windowInfo         : TCefWindowInfo;
                                   var   client             : ICefClient;
                                   var   settings           : TCefBrowserSettings;
                                   var   extra_info         : ICefDictionaryValue;
                                   var   noJavascriptAccess : Boolean): Boolean;
begin
  Result := False;

if Assigned(FOnBeforePopup) then
    FOnBeforePopup(Self, browser, frame, targetUrl, targetFrameName,
                   targetDisposition, userGesture, popupFeatures, windowInfo, client,
                   settings, extra_info, noJavascriptAccess, Result);

CefDebugLog('Result value : ' + BoolToStr(Result, true));                   
end;
Enable the log in NinjaBrowser setting these properties :

GlobalCEFApp.LogFile          := 'debug.log';
  GlobalCEFApp.LogSeverity      := LOGSEVERITY_VERBOSE;
Build CEF4Delphi and NinjaBrowser, navigate to the previous URL, click on the search result marked in red, close the browser and the open the debug.log file.

If you see a text line with "Result value : false" and you set Result to true inside NinjaBrowser then there's an issue passing a "var" parameter from C++ to CEF4Delphi.
dvbss11

Post by dvbss11 »

Tell me how to create a popup window programmatically without js
Chrom.CreateClientHandler
or how to raise the BeforePopap event
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

There are 2 demos that show how to use custom popup windows :
  • Delphi_VCL\PopupBrowser : Uses a browser in OSR mode.
  • Delphi_VCL\PopupBrowser2 : Uses a browser in normal mode.
Additionally, you can let CEF create the popup windows but then you have to be prepared to handle the events of more than one browser with the same TChromium component. The MiniBrowser demo does this and many events check "Chromium1.IsSameBrowser(browser)" to see what browser triggered that event.
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

If you mean to create a browser in a child form of your application you can use the code in the ToolBoxBrowser demo.
dvbss11

Post by dvbss11 »

function TMainForm.CreateClientHandler(var   windowInfo      : TCefWindowInfo;
                                       var   client          : ICefClient;
                                       const targetFrameName : string;
                                       const popupFeatures   : TCefPopupFeatures) : boolean;
begin
  try
    FCriticalSection.Acquire;

Result := (FChildForm <> nil) and
              FChildForm.CreateClientHandler(windowInfo, client, targetFrameName, popupFeatures) and
              PostMessage(Handle, CEF_CREATENEXTCHILD, 0, 0);
  finally
    FCriticalSection.Release;
  end;
end;
I am familiar with these demos but there isn’t such a thing. This code causes you to redirect the popup to a new form.
This code raises the Chromium1BeforePopup event, but how to trigger this event itself so that all the parameters are available. while I see only one option is to call window.open with js
dvbss11

Post by dvbss11 »

Chromium1.LoadURL();
this code opens a new page and how to open the same page as popap?
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

If I remember correctly there are only 2 ways to trigger that event :
  • Executing "window.open()" in JavaScript.
  • Clicking on a HTML link which has a "_blank" target : "<a href='http://www.example.com' target='_blank'>click here to open a new tab or window</a>"