Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

Anyway to Share Library Resources?

salvadordf

Re: Anyway to Share Library Resources?

Post by salvadordf »

stwizard wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:11 pm 1) Is there any way to allow multiple users to share just one set of library files?
As far as I know, that's a Windows feature.
stwizard wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:11 pm 2) Is there any way to just open library files for those user that need access to the built-in web browser? There are maybe a dozen of the people who need access to the web browser, and 30+ who do not need access, yet those library files are opened for them as well. I guess what I'm asking for is, is there anyway to move the loading of this library anywhere so that based on which user is executing the app we can load the library as needed?
Now that your application is using a different EXE for the subprocesses you can call CreateGlobalCEFApp after the initialization. You can call it when the user tries to show a browser window but then he/she will notice a small delay between the first time the user tries to show that window and the moment that window is actually shown because CEF takes a little time to initialize.

Keep in mind that you can only call CreateGlobalCEFApp once per process. Don't try to create and destroy GlobalCEFApp several times. This is a CEF feature and there's no workaround.