Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

Delphi Components

Albus

Delphi Components

Post by Albus »

Hi, I saw that CEF4Delphi includes several components:
  • TChromium
  • TChromiumWindow
  • TCEFWindowParent
  • TCEFServerComponent
  • TBufferPanel
  • TCEFWorkScheduler
With the first three, I know what they're for, but I have no idea what the last three are for. Is there any explanantion or documentation for these?
salvadordf

Re: Delphi Components

Post by salvadordf »

CEF added some classes to create a simple HTTP server a few months ago and I created TCEFServerComponent and the SimpleServer demo to show how it works. It can be used to send large quantities of data between processes.

I created TBufferPanel and TFMXBufferPanel to replace TPaintBox32 in the OSR demos. It's just a "paintbox" component with a back buffer and it's adapted to CEF4Delphi. TPaintBox32 is a great component but using a custom made component fixed some issues.

TCEFWorkScheduler is used in the "external pump" demos. CEF sometimes captures some messages needed in some applications. One way to fix that problem is disabling the multithreaded message loop and enabling the external message pump in the GlobalCEFApp properties.

This configuration needs to call cef_do_message_loop_work periodically to make the browser work. In previous CEF4Delphi versions I used a timer to schedule those calls but it had some performance issues so I replaced it with TCEFWorkScheduler and TCEFWorkSchedulerThread.

I should add all this info to the info page :
https://www.briskbard.com/index.php?lang=en&pageid=cef