Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

Update to CEF 80.0.8

salvadordf

Update to CEF 80.0.8

Post by salvadordf »

Hi,

CEF4Delphi has been updated to CEF 80.0.8.

The CEF binaries fixed an OSR crash on window.open :
https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... 2dbc32683b

I've added 2 new properties to GlobalCEFApp to test DNS over HTTPS :
  • GlobalCEFApp.ForceFieldTrials
  • GlobalCEFApp.ForceFieldTrialParams
These are the CEF binaries : WARNING : The cookies issue is still unresolved.
https://github.com/salvadordf/CEF4Delphi/issues/266
https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/ ... omatically

Go to the bitbucket link and vote for that issue if you want it to be fixed.
salvadordf

Re: Update to CEF 80.0.8

Post by salvadordf »

I forgot to add that GlobalCEFApp.ForceFieldTrials adds a "--force-fieldtrials" command switch and it has these comments :
This option can be used to force field trials when testing changes locally. The argument is a list of name and value pairs, separated by slashes. If a trial name is prefixed with an asterisk, that trial will start activated. For example, the following argument defines two trials, with the second one activated: "GoogleNow/Enable/*MaterialDesignNTP/Default/" This option can also be used by the browser process to send the list of trials to a non-browser process, using the same format. See FieldTrialList::CreateTrialsFromString() in field_trial.h for details.
GlobalCEFApp.ForceFieldTrialParams adds a "--force-fieldtrial-params" switch with these comments :
This option can be used to force parameters of field trials when testing changes locally. The argument is a param list of (key, value) pairs prefixed by an associated (trial, group) pair. You specify the param list for multiple (trial, group) pairs with a comma separator. Example: "Trial1.Group1:k1/v1/k2/v2,Trial2.Group2:k3/v3/k4/v4" Trial names, groups names, parameter names, and value should all be URL escaped for all non-alphanumeric characters.
snoop

Post by snoop »

This is only delphi-related problem? or on C# too? because you say its in libraries, not in code.
anyway it takes too long and this is CRITICAL issue, why you made it major? maybe that's why it takes too long :(
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

The cookie issue affects all CEF wrappers and even the official CEF sample application. It's an issue in the CEF code.

I would also like it to be fixed quickly but CEF, as many other open source projects, depends on volunteers to do the work in their free time.

The "major" priority is the default value for new issues and the CEF project maintainer changes the "Assignee", "Type", "Priority", "Status" and "Component" values if he thinks that they are not correct. "major" indicates that this is a very important issue and it should have the highest priority.

The voting system is also used to decide which issues should be fixed first when there are developers available to help.
snoop

Post by snoop »

hmm this is really weird then. it's already a week and nobody can use CEF 80 normally then! People don't need cookies? :? Also the fix must be pretty easy because cookies were working all the time.
thefunkyjoint

Post by thefunkyjoint »

snoop wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:22 am hmm this is really weird then. it's already a week and nobody can use CEF 80 normally then! People don't need cookies? Also the fix must be pretty easy because cookies were working all the time.
Indeed very strange, looks like people prefer biscuits to cookies...
snoop

Post by snoop »

no update yet ???
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

snoop wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:00 pmno update yet ???
Everything is frozen due to the coronavirus. :oops:
Even Google failed to release Chromium 81.
snoop

Post by snoop »

coronavirus yes. but its good time to sit at home and fix bugs! don't know why they are not doing this :shock:
dilfich

Post by dilfich »

I've added 2 new properties to GlobalCEFApp to test DNS over HTTPS :
GlobalCEFApp.ForceFieldTrials
GlobalCEFApp.ForceFieldTrialParams
Please show some usage examples. :?
How do I configure DnsOverHttps to use DNS from Cloudflare?