Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

Blank web page without any errors

tad.chen

Blank web page without any errors

Post by tad.chen »

Hi,

Blank web page is found sometimes when I load several web pages at the same time in a browser running in OSR mode.

I open DevTools and find no error in the console window and all the information in the elements window are correct. That means that all the html element nodes are created correctly.

Although the web page is blank, when I move mouse to the area where an input element is, the cursor will be changed and can input words. After input words, all the content apears. It seams that the web page works, and just disppears.

I debug my program and find that some chrmosrPaint event maybe is lost when blank web page occurs. If web page display correctly, web content is output in the last chrmosrPaint event. But in blank web page, all white data is output to clear the area in the last chrmosrPaint event.

And No errors are found in the debug.log when blank web page occurs.

I don't know the reason. Could you give me some advice?
salvadordf

Re: Blank web page without any errors

Post by salvadordf »

Hi,

This is probably caused by this issue :
https://github.com/salvadordf/CEF4Delphi/issues/358

Try resizing the browser by 1 pixel and that will refresh the browser contents on the screen.
tad.chen

Re: Blank web page without any errors

Post by tad.chen »

Thank you for your advice. Now I walk around it.

This isue seems to be similar as that one you mensioned, but a little different. It just drops one OnPaint event, but trigger on Paint event is not stopped, it still can be triggered later again.