Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

HighDPI cosmetic issue

petko

HighDPI cosmetic issue

Post by petko »

I have a setup with two monitors: the default one is HighDPI (3840 x 2160) and the secondary is FullHD (1920 x 1080). When I start an application on the main screen, the browser looks properly. If I move it to the secondary screen, it still looks properly. If however then more it again to the main screen, the browser looks like zoomed out. When I resize the app window, it is refreshed and looks OK again.

Is this some kind of bug in the CEF or in the CEF4Delphi?
salvadordf

Re: HighDPI cosmetic issue

Post by salvadordf »

Last time I checked this with a normal VCL application without a web browser I had rounding problems.

There were some issues with the high DPI support in VCL apps made with Delphi that prevented the app to move between the monitors several times without errors.

I haven't checked this lately but Delphi had many bug fixes and improvements with the high DPI support lately and perhaps this was solved.

I guess FMX apps don't have rounding problems and the OSR browsers in VCL apps should work correctly because they implement the TForm.OnAfterMonitorDpiChanged event.

I should test this again next time I connect a second monitor...
rgdawson

Post by rgdawson »

Delphi 11 has more issues with DPI (and various other things), especially in a multi monitor setup where the monitors are different DPI, which I am tracking on their Quality Portal. The problems are such that I consider it unusable. So, I am remaining on Delphi 10 until they get them sorted out. You didn't say whether you were using D10 or D11 or VCL or FMX. In any case I can speak for Delphi 10/VCL, I have not seen any issues with the browser. You may see issues such as Salvador describes in various controls (which you might fix in the After DpiChanged Event), but I have not seen issues with the browser and TWindowParent control.

R Greg Dawson
petko

Post by petko »

I use C++Builder 10.2/VCL with all available updates. Are you using 10.3?