Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

Optimization of 108++

dilfich

Optimization of 108++

Post by dilfich »

Code: Select all

chrome://flags/#battery-saver-mode-available 
chrome://flags/#high-efficiency-mode-available
I found similar information on one of the forums. If you enable these settings, there will be less memory consumption
Is it known what is needed, how to correctly specify this in the Add Custom Command Line?
salvadordf

Re: Optimization of 108++

Post by salvadordf »

Thank you for this information! :D

I'll search a way to enable those features. Usually there are command line switches, browser preferences or blink settings to enable flags in Chromium's source code.
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

The flags you mention can be enabled if you add this code line before the GlobalCEFApp.StarMainProcess call :

Code: Select all

GlobalCEFApp.EnableFeatures := 'BatterySaverModeAvailable,HighEfficiencyModeAvailable';
But they only enable some settings that were hidden in chrome://settings/performance. Chromium detects when the computer has a battery and BatterySaverModeAvailable probably needs a battery to show something in the settings page.

I just uploaded a new CEF4Delphi version with 2 new TChromiumCore properties that allow you to enable the high efficiency mode and set a new battery saver mode state.
  • TChromiumCore.BatterySaverModeState
  • TChromiumCore.HighEfficiencyMode
The BatterySaverModeState property can have these values :
  • bsmsDisabled : Always disabled.
  • bsmsEnabledBelowThreshold : Enabled only when the battery is at 20% or lower.
  • bsmsEnabledOnBattery : Enabled only when the computer is running on battery (unplugged).
  • bsmsEnabled : Always enabled.
  • bsmsDefault : Custom value used to update the browser preferences only when there's a non-default value.
This is what the HighEfficiencyMode property does :
When on, Chromium frees up memory from inactive tabs. This gives active tabs and other apps more computer resources and keeps Chromium fast. Your inactive tabs automatically become active again when you go back to them.
The HighEfficiencyMode property can have these values :
  • STATE_ENABLED : The high efficiency mode is ON
  • STATE_DISABLED : The high efficiency mode is OFF
  • STATE_DEFAULT : This value is used to update the browser preferences only when there's a non-default value.
These features are experimental!

Please, let me know if you have any issues when you enable them.
dilfich

Post by dilfich »

Thanks, but I don't even know how to download the app to notice the effect since there are no tabs.