Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

WebView2 freezes

Paul_Palaszewski

WebView2 freezes

Post by Paul_Palaszewski »

Hi,

I've been working with WebView4Delphi + WebView2 evergreen (automatically updating itself) for several months and up to today it was fine.

No I have multiple machines that completly freeze. App opens up, shows the first 1 or 2 pages correctly and then nothing - windows says the app is not responding, delphi 10.4 debugger can pause but it just shows me Assembler. No own + webview4delphi code anywhere in the stack. Sysinternals process explorer can't attach to the processes. Can't close the app anymore, hard kill required.

Edg/114.0.1823

Happens with fully updated Windows 10 + with one that has no updates installed. And also with a pretty well updated Windows 11.

The html pages are totally unspectecular with a bit of little java script. Mostly unchanged for months, they work flawless in stand alone Edge 114.0.1823.37

Any ideas/options? (Beside from hoping for MS to fix that quickly?)
salvadordf

Re: WebView2 freezes

Post by salvadordf »

Hi,

It's hard to guess what could be the problem but I would suggest that you check the official list of issues in the WebView2Feedback repository :
https://github.com/MicrosoftEdge/WebView2Feedback/issues

Also check that the code inside WebView2 events is not showing dialogs or menus.

It would be helpful if you could provide a small demo with minimal code to reproduce that issue in my computer.