Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

Problem compiling cef 6045

igor666

Problem compiling cef 6045

Post by igor666 »

Good night. I'm trying to assemble cef 6045, everything is installed according to the instructions, I completely turn off Windows Defender during assembly, but I always get the following error:
[1384/60317] ACTION //chrome/updater/app/server/win:update...cy_idl_idl_idl_action(// build/toolchain/win:win_clang_x86)
FAILED: gen/chrome/updater/app/server/win/updater_legacy_idl.h gen/chrome/updater/app/server/win/updater_legacy_idl_i.c gen/chrome/updater/app/server/win/updater_legacy_idl.tlb gen/chrome /updater/app/server/win/updater_legacy_idl.dlldata.c gen/chrome/updater/app/server/win/updater_legacy_idl_p.c

Then many different GUIDs and in the end this
To rebaseline:
copy /y C:\Temp\tmpyujk7l4r\* ..\..\third_party\win_build_output\midl\chrome\updater\app\server\win\x86
[1380/60317] CXX obj/third_party/abseil-cpp/absl/time/time/civil_time.obj
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "automate\automate-git.py", line 1357, in <module>
run(command + build_path + target, chromium_src_dir, depot_tools_dir,
File "automate\automate-git.py", line 66, in run
return subprocess.check_call(
File "e:\code\depot_tools\bootstrap-2@3_8_10_chromium_26_bin\python3\bin\lib\subprocess.py", line 364, in check_call
raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['ninja', '-C', 'out\\Debug_GN_x86', 'cefclient']' returned non-zero exit status 1.

Please tell me what the problem might be, thank you.
salvadordf

Re: Problem compiling cef 6045

Post by salvadordf »

Hi,

There are more developers having building issues with the current branch.

Try the solutions mentioned in these forum threads from the official CEF forum :
https://magpcss.org/ceforum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19606
https://magpcss.org/ceforum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19630
igor666

Post by igor666 »

Thanks for your answer, but the links you provided contain an error in another file. So far, unfortunately, I can’t find a solution to my error.
thefunkyjoint

Post by thefunkyjoint »

Hey Igor,

I could compile this branch , if you want and it's allowed by the forum, i can share the files.
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

Please, don't put this forum in danger for having public links to CEF binaries with proprietary codecs.
thefunkyjoint

Post by thefunkyjoint »

No problem Salvador, i didn't know it was not allowed, won't share.
igor666

Post by igor666 »

Thanks for trying to help :). I don’t urgently need these files yet, I’ll look for a solution to the problem. By the way, could the problem be that I installed the 64bit version of Visual Studio 2022 Community? Before this I always used 32bit, but 2022 found only 64bit.