Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

Chrome Runtime and W11 Antimalware Service

thefunkyjoint

Chrome Runtime and W11 Antimalware Service

Post by thefunkyjoint »

I never used the Chrome Runtime mode, so today i tried to give it a try to know more about it.

I just added this :

GlobalCEFApp.ChromeRuntime := true;

But as soon as i run my app, browser won't work and CPU goes to 100% ; i check on Task Manager, it's Windows 11 'Antimalware service executable' eating the cpu like crazy.

When i remove GlobalCEFApp.ChromeRuntime := true, everyting go back to work normally.

What is happening ? :shock:
salvadordf

Re: Chrome Runtime and W11 Antimalware Service

Post by salvadordf »

Hi,

I just tested the MiniBrowser demo with the chrome runtime on a fully updated Windows 11 pc and I couldn't reproduce this issue. It worked fine.

When you enable the Chrome runtime mode the application acts like the cookies were deleted. I'm not sure what happens but if Chromium is doing something with the cache the first time you enable the Chrome runtime mode and your application has a huge cache then I wouldn't be surprised if the disk access and the CPU usage reach 100%.
thefunkyjoint

Re: Chrome Runtime and W11 Antimalware Service

Post by thefunkyjoint »

I understand, it's probably this. I'll test deleting the cache folder before.