Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

BriskBard 3.8 Released !

salvadordf

BriskBard 3.8 Released !

Post by salvadordf »

BriskBard 3.8 Released !

Download BriskBard and visit your favorite websites safely away from prying eyes. Enjoy the most comprehensive web browser on the Internet.

https://www.briskbard.com/blog/?q=node/143
suzy

Re: BriskBard 3.8 Released !

Post by suzy »

Thank you for the update. I do use WebView2 tabs and found problems with 3.7. This update fixed the problem, but I wonder if WebView2 tabs will ever return?
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

Hi,

Yes. They will return very soon. :D
suzy

Post by suzy »

Good to know!

They worked fine before, I wonder was the problem because of an automatic update to the installed WebView2?
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

Yes. Windows updated WebView2 to 121 which is incompatible with CEF 120 or older.

All Windows computers in the world are not updated at the same time and this complicates things even more because if BriskBard updates CEF to 121 and your computer still uses WebView2 120 it would be affected by this issue too.

The quickest solution was to update BriskBard as soon as possible with disabled WebView2 tabs for the moment.

If you need WebView2 tabs right now and your computer already has the WebView2 Runtime version 121 then you can rename
c:\program files\briskbard\WebView2Loader.dll to c:\program files\briskbard\workaround.dll

Check the Windows configuration or the control panel to see the WebView2 Runtime version installed in your computer.
suzy

Post by suzy »

I think I will wait for the official solution, but nice to understand more about what's happened.

Btw, I know little about the CEF or Delphi, but think BriskBard is extraordinary, thanks for your amazing browser!