Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

Does BriskBard allow notifications?

suzy

Does BriskBard allow notifications?

Post by suzy »

When I try to turn on notifications for a site, I get a message saying they are prohibited. I am used to using the icon to the left of the URL to allow the setting of such a permission. But I can't do that in BriskBard. Is there some other place to allow the receiving of notifications?

salvadordf

Re: Does BriskBard allow notifications?

Post by salvadordf »

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue!

I did several tests and I could reproduce it but this seems to be an upstream issue in WebView2. I reported it here :
https://github.com/MicrosoftEdge/WebView2Feedback/issues/4488
suzy

Post by suzy »

Thank you for investigating and reporting this.

I use the WebView2 as the default engine because it is kept up-to-date between BriskBard versions which I think is a good idea.

But would I be correct in thinking that if I was using Chromium tabs then the notifications would be allowed by default?
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

suzy wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:46 pm Thank you for investigating and reporting this.
I use the WebView2 as the default engine because it is kept up-to-date between BriskBard versions which I think is a good idea.
But would I be correct in thinking that if I was using Chromium tabs then the notifications would be allowed by default?
Not at this moment, sorry.

We are in a transitioning state with the framework used to embed a Chromium browser called CEF.

BriskBard is ready to use the new CEF mode which includes notifications and many other features but the new mode still misses some critical features that aren't implemented yet. That's why I decided to keep using the previous mode for the moment.

I saw that a Microsoft employee assigned the issue to himself so I'll wait to see if they include the fix in a future automatic update of WebView2. If not I'll add a database of allowed domains and a dialog asking the user if a domain can show notifications.
suzy

Post by suzy »

That's okay, I will stay with WebView2.

Since you are a tiny team, it is truly amazing the amount of functionality that works perfectly. So much so, I keep it open all day and use it for real work.

And if me using BriskBard can help you with identifying improvements for the CEF4Delphi and WebView4Delphi that you make, which in term improves Briskbard that's great.
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

Thank you Suzy for identifying all these issues! :D