Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

How to build the CEF binaries

igor666

Re: How to build the CEF binaries

Post by igor666 »

dungnn wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:03 am for any1 who want buid the 6099 branch
will have to add #include <limits> to the code\chromium_git\chromium\src\base\allocator\partition_allocator\src\partition_alloc\partition_alloc_base\strings\cstring_builder.cc

Code: Select all

#include <cmath>
#include <cstring>
#include <limits>
Unfortunately this did not help me, apparently the error is elsewhere :(
dungnn

Post by dungnn »

what kind of error ? please post it
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

Hi,
Not sure if I can call it an error or not. I was trying to build the 119 binaries as I need the proprietary codecs so that some vimeo videos play. Below is a screen grab about 5-10 minutes before the command prompt box disappeared. Having ran for about 5 and a half hours.
CEFLastKnownPoint.PNG
I've set the process going again in the mean time, but was wondering why it stopped here? How much longer did I have to go?! Lucky me I can run this off a VM elsewhere, so I'm not locking my machine during this entire process.

Does this leave some form of logfile I can investigate?

I appreciate all the help I can get!

Copy of the Buildcef32 in case that helps:

set GN_DEFINES=is_official_build=true proprietary_codecs=true ffmpeg_branding=Chrome
set GYP_MSVS_VERSION=2022
set CEF_ARCHIVE_FORMAT=tar.bz2
set DEPOT_TOOLS_UPDATE=0
python3 automate\automate-git.py --download-dir=c:\code\chromium_git --branch=6045 --minimal-distrib --client-distrib --force-clean --with-pgo-profiles
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

Hi,

I haven't tried to build the CEF binaries in a new CPU but it takes more than 12 hours in my old Intel I7.

Open the command prompt window and then type Buildcef32.bat. This way the window will remain open when it finishes or there's an error.
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

Thanks for the quick response... I feel really dumb forgetting I could open command prompt up first!

I'm even more glad I can fire this off on another machine now. Does beg the question why builds with proprietary codecs aren't readily available! Guess they aren't needed as much these days.

I'll report back whether it is a success or not.
igor666

Post by igor666 »

dungnn wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:50 am what kind of error ? please post it
Good evening. My error is the same as was shown several posts above by the user micmorozov. I'm also attaching my screenshot. My bildcef32.bat file looks like this.

set GN_DEFINES=is_official_build=true
python3 automate\automate-git.py --download-dir=e:\code\chromium_git --branch=6099 --minimal-distrib --client-distrib --force-clean --with-pgo-profiles
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dungnn

Post by dungnn »

igor666 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:09 pm
dungnn wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:50 am what kind of error ? please post it
Good evening. My error is the same as was shown several posts above by the user micmorozov. I'm also attaching my screenshot. My bildcef32.bat file looks like this.

set GN_DEFINES=is_official_build=true
python3 automate\automate-git.py --download-dir=e:\code\chromium_git --branch=6099 --minimal-distrib --client-distrib --force-clean --with-pgo-profiles
i don't known , i think you should try remove everything and try again or try search. I got only 1 problem and already success. However it took me ~2 day to build both 32/64bit version , each version requires :

300gb ssd/ 32gb ram and a very powerful PC, for mine i5 13500k, 32gb ram + 500gb ssd (took me ~2 day)

this so so so hard and tired, waste many time.

i can share the binary to any 1 need the 6099 brach with proprietary codecs , inbox me
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

Eddy wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:41 pm Thanks for the quick response... I feel really dumb forgetting I could open command prompt up first!

I'm even more glad I can fire this off on another machine now. Does beg the question why builds with proprietary codecs aren't readily available! Guess they aren't needed as much these days.

I'll report back whether it is a success or not.
Not a success at all! Below is the error I am that I am getting. Definitely agree with dungnn though this is a massive time sink :lol:
CEFError2.PNG
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

Hi,

Please read this post :
https://www.briskbard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9304#p9304

There were some reports of build issues of the 6099 branch but most of the times the Internet connection or the servers fail and the missing source files causes build errors. We can only retry in this case.

Chromium is a gigantic project that requires a very powerful computer to build. Consider using WebView4Delphi, which already has all the codecs, if this process takes too much time.
dungnn

Post by dungnn »

just in case some people need the binary with codec and avoid prepare a very strong PC,

you can get the binary here : {edited by forum admin}

hope this save everyone from trouble build the binary.

note : i only build the windows version