Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

source codes

АлександрМорозов

source codes

Post by АлександрМорозов »

The suggestion is to open the source code, as is done on almost all browsers for this is already the only example of it, built on the basis of pascal. This allows both novice programmers to learn the methodology of building good programs, and to build a browser to suit their needs…
ps: it's google
salvadordf

Re: source codes

Post by salvadordf »

Thanks for the suggestion!

Right now the most popular web browsers use open source projects but they have close source parts.
Not all the code in Chrome, Safari, Edge and Vivaldi is open source.

However Firefox, Falkon, Brave, GNOME Web, NetSurf, Chromium and all their forks are fully open source.

The CEF4Delphi and WebView4Delphi projects have many demos that show how to use the main features of those frameworks.

In my opinion, novice programmers can learn from those small demos much more quickly than trying to understand the code from a large project.

Having said that, the idea of creating a new open source "light" version of BriskBard using Lazarus for Windows and Linux has crossed my mind but unfortunately I don't have time. :(