Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

TCefApplication instead of TCefApplicationCore in sub process

dseh

TCefApplication instead of TCefApplicationCore in sub process

Post by dseh »

This is not a support request. It is just about understanding the technical background. Maybe you can help here.
We had the problem that on some systems running our software suddenly other applications were compromised in different ways.
Changing the default printer did not work anymore.
Opening Excel files was extremely slowed down.
Use cases in a CAD application were blocked or sloweddown as well.
In the end, the cause turned out to be that we had created GlobalCEFApp with TCefApplication instead of TCefApplicationCore in our application that integrates CEF in the sub-process EXE. We have now corrected this and the problems on the customer systems have disappeared.
Only the background is not clear to me. What happens if also the sub-processes are created with TCefApplication, which can have such effects on other applications.
Maybe you have an idea?
salvadordf

Re: TCefApplication instead of TCefApplicationCore in sub process

Post by salvadordf »

Hi,

TCefApplicationCore and a few more modifications had to be made in order to fix this issue :
https://github.com/salvadordf/CEF4Delphi/issues/139

CEF subprocesses didn't respond to external messages and that was the cause of the Excel slowdown.