Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

Authorization in google

thefunkyjoint

Re: Authorization in google

Post by thefunkyjoint »

Recently i updated to CEF 107 and looks like now any attempt of google account login using CEF is being blocked.

Tried a lot of different user agents but no lucky, always ends on the 'browser is not safe' error.

Until now i was getting success by using Firefox user agent but it's gone :(
igor666

Post by igor666 »

I haven't updated CEF, I'm using version 105, but Firefox's user agent has also recently stopped working. Only in ChromeRuntime currently passes, or with some mobile user agents.
There was an idea to "trick" Google by making a separate program running in CromeRuntime mode for authorization only, using the same cache folder as the main program. But the attempt was also unsuccessful, there is authorization in the ChromeRuntime mode, but without this mode I am not authorized again :). It seems that this cookie mode stores elsewhere.
thefunkyjoint

Post by thefunkyjoint »

igor666 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:12 pm I haven't updated CEF, I'm using version 105, but Firefox's user agent has also recently stopped working. Only in ChromeRuntime currently passes, or with some mobile user agents.
There was an idea to "trick" Google by making a separate program running in CromeRuntime mode for authorization only, using the same cache folder as the main program. But the attempt was also unsuccessful, there is authorization in the ChromeRuntime mode, but without this mode I am not authorized again :). It seems that this cookie mode stores elsewhere.
Is there any downside in use Chrome runtime for everything, not only authenticate ?
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

thefunkyjoint wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:10 pm Is there any downside in use Chrome runtime for everything, not only authenticate ?
According to the CEF project maintainer that mode is still in experimental state.
Many things seem to work fine but some are not implemented.

One important change is the browser destruction sequence. This mode skips one step but you can see all the code you need in the MiniBrowser demo. Read the code comments in TMiniBrowserFrm.FormCloseQuery
thefunkyjoint

Post by thefunkyjoint »

salvadordf wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:27 pm
thefunkyjoint wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:10 pm Is there any downside in use Chrome runtime for everything, not only authenticate ?
According to the CEF project maintainer that mode is still in experimental state.
Many things seem to work fine but some are not implemented.

One important change is the browser destruction sequence. This mode skips one step but you can see all the code you need in the MiniBrowser demo. Read the code comments in TMiniBrowserFrm.FormCloseQuery
Thanks for the info !
igor666

Post by igor666 »

Is there any downside in use Chrome runtime for everything, not only authenticate ?
From what I have already noticed, the proxy does not work, there is no interception of Javascript dialogs, the zoom does not work, there is no developer tool. This is just what is used in my project and I have not yet tested all of it in this mode.
everyone who responded and a special thanks to salvadordf. I will try to switch to ChromeRuntime mode. Some functions that have not yet been implemented in it are not very critical for my project, others I will look for how to get around. It looks like it's easier than finding authorization options without this mode :).
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

More information about this issue with a workaround :
https://github.com/salvadordf/CEF4Delphi/issues/443