Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

Installing CEF4Delphi in two different Delphi

miket@cbofks.com

Installing CEF4Delphi in two different Delphi

Post by miket@cbofks.com »

Greetings Salavadord,

Quick question. I opened, built and installed v109 CEF4Delphi_group.groupproj into Delphi 10.4.2. I need to also install these components in Delphi 11.2. Can I opened, built and install the same project group into Delphi 11.2, or will this cause an issue with my Delphi 10.4.2 install?

Thanks,
Mike
salvadordf

Re: Installing CEF4Delphi in two different Delphi

Post by salvadordf »

Do you mean opening the same project files in a PC where you have 2 different Delphi versions installed? I haven't tried that.

The BPL files are created in separate directories but the DCU files are always in the same directory and I'm not sure if those two Delphi versions will create the same DCU files.

If you have some issue try opening the project options, select "Building -> Delphi compiler", select "All configurations" in the "Target" combobox and then set "Unit output directory" to ".\$(ProductVersion)\$(Platform)\$(Config)" without quotes.

Do this for the CEF4DelphiVCLRTL, CEF4DelphiFMXRTL and CEF4Delphi_designtime projects.
miket@cbofks.com

Greeting Salvadord,

Yes, that is what I was attempting to do. The reason I asked in the first place was because I successfully installed in Delphi 10.4.2, then went to Delphi 11.2 and ran the same process and it installed the components in Delphi 11.2. However when I went back to Delphi 10.4.2, it was not happy with the CEF4Delphi components.

Thus I asked for your thoughts. I tried as you suggested, placing ".\$(ProductVersion)\$(Platform)\$(Config)" in the Unit output directory and it was not happy with that either.

Very weird in fact. After changing the unit output directory and saving, I cleaned and chose to Build and it instantly failed. But I noticed something. Look at the fifth line down "rrequires", so I corrected, save, build and then it complained about 'ocontains', so corrected saved and build again, then lastly it complained about 'd', fixed, save, build and this time it worked.

Checking project dependencies...
Building CEF4DelphiVCLRTL.dproj (Debug, Win32)
brcc32 command line for "CEF4DelphiVCLRTL.vrc"
dcc32 command line for "CEF4DelphiVCLRTL.dpk"
[dcc32 Error] CEF4DelphiVCLRTL.dpk(32): E2029 'END' expected but identifier 'rrequires' found <<<<<<
[dcc32 Error] CEF4DelphiVCLRTL.dpk(241): E2029 '.' expected but end of file found
[dcc32 Error] CEF4DelphiVCLRTL.dpk(36): E2029 'END' expected but identifier 'ocontains' found <<<<<<
[dcc32 Error] CEF4DelphiVCLRTL.dpk(238): E2029 'END' expected but identifier 'd' found <<<<<<

Since it worked on the last attempt, thought I would try CEF4DelphiFMXRTL.dproj next. This time after changing the unit output directory, I looked at the source and sure enough it did the same thing, 'rrequires', 'ocontains' and 'd'. So this time I made the correction to all three places.

Lastly I did CEF4Delphi_designtime.dproj next, saved, checked the source it looked OK, then build, and failed. Same thing, 'rrequires', 'ocontains' and 'd' all changed. Made the correction to all three place, saved, build and installed.

NOTE: One thing I noticed before this last build, I checked the source which looked correct, I build and this time it added a lot of code at the top of the source and then promptly changed the three placed in the source. This could be a Delphi bug.

OK, so now it's installed at least.

So now I go open Delphi 10.4.2 to see if it was successful. Unfortunately it was not successful. So now I will need to reverse, clean and start over. More later.
miket@cbofks.com

Greeting Salvadord,

I decided to create two separate packages directories. One for "packages D10" and another for "packages D11". In Delphi, I would navigate to that folder and open CEF4Delphi_group.groupproj and once there I would rename the group and project files adding "_D10", or "_D11" and then proceeding as normal to install. Once done installing in Delphi 10.4.2 and Delphi 11.2, I then went back to open my app successfully in Delphi 10.4.2, so all is good now.

Mike
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

The "rrequires" "ocontains" and "d" problem is a really old Delphi issue.
I experienced it in many other projects and I don't know how to fix it.