Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

Sometime one process can't quit

tad.chen

Sometime one process can't quit

Post by tad.chen »

I find that sometime one process of the browser is still running after the browser quits.

I find it in the task manager window, and the CPU usage of the process is high, about 15%.

I don't know the reason of this issue and don't know how to debug it.

Could you give me some advice?
salvadordf

Re: Sometime one process can't quit

Post by salvadordf »

Hi,

Perhaps this CEF issue is related :
https://github.com/chromiumembedded/cef/issues/3532

It would be extremely helpful to have a step-by-step guide to reproduce that issue with a minimal demo.

Once you have a reliable way to reproduce this issue then you can use this guide to debug it if it's a CEF issue :
https://www.briskbard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1050
tad.chen

Post by tad.chen »

Thank you for your information!

This issue is only found in my browser, and occurs randomly. I can't reproduce it with any Demos in cef4Delphi package.

Now, I fixed it by adding some code which kill all processes of the browser after DestroyGlobalCEFApp statement, and it works.
homer

Post by homer »

I have run into the same problem. Could you share how you killed the running instances, please?
dungnn

Post by dungnn »

taskkill /pid [mainprocessid] /t /f

replace main process id with GetCurrentProcessId, exec it when form destroy and you'll be fine