Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

Email tab is often unresponsive and won't load or get new emails

suzy

Email tab is often unresponsive and won't load or get new emails

Post by suzy »

I have an account with LiquidNet who hosts my email, a standard shared hosting service with typical options. I set up BriskBard to use POP on the email tab, just to keep things simple. It works fine some of the time, but regularly BriskBard gets stuck at different stages. And when the three different events in the images below happen and it won't progress, I have to exit BriskBard and try again.

When I close the program with the close box, there are background processes left behind that I need to terminate in Task Manager. Each time I have to restart BriskBard, I do an email database check to make sure that it is okay, and it always is.

The email account is very tidy with less than 100 emails sitting on the server and I give BriskBard plenty of time to do its thing.

Any insights about what is going wrong or what I can try differently?
salvadordf

Re: Email tab is often unresponsive and won't load or get new emails

Post by salvadordf »

Thanks again!

I'll check what could be the problem.

PS: I already fixed the previous issues. ;)
suzy

Post by suzy »

Thanks for looking into this, I know there is not much to go on from a few screenshots and a description, and it doesn't help that I do not have a recipe and the point at which it "hangs" is not always the same.

Are there any log files that show what's happening as the email server is being contacted?

(that's great about the other issues!)
salvadordf

Post by salvadordf »

suzy wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:55 pm Are there any log files that show what's happening as the email server is being contacted?
No. There're no logs but I'll try to find the cause with the available information.