Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

Watching a video on Twitch and closing the tab leaves a running process

suzy

Watching a video on Twitch and closing the tab leaves a running process

Post by suzy »

On Twitch, I watch a video (not a live stream but a video record earlier) on a channel, and CPU gets a good workout, that's all good.

I use the x on the tab to close it, but the CPU keeps up a high percent. I give it plenty of time to drop, a few minutes, and it drops a little but still remains high.

Then I close BriskBard with the Close box in top right corner, and the background process remain. Part of these symptoms are the same as the email tab issue mentioned before, but given the entirely different context I thought it is worth reporting.

salvadordf

Re: Watching a video on Twitch and closing the tab leaves a running process

Post by salvadordf »

Thanks! :)

This could be caused by the same issue as the email problem if a background thread is locked.
Disable the automatic email checks in the account configuration to see if the Twitch issue is solved.
suzy

Re: Watching a video on Twitch and closing the tab leaves a running process

Post by suzy »

Thank you for the suggestion!

I turned off the email check, and found that the issue has nothing to do with Twitch. Even when doing "nothing" Briskbard starts consuming a lot of CPU and leaves behind a process when closed.

I have made a video (4MB) for you to look at, and my settings with checking of email turned off are below.

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/external/c096f0aa6d04e70724e27843e660eb734f8f65cd2cb319cb74af7e3d4a612298/download