Disclosure Statement: This site contains affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an eBay Partner, I earn from qualifying purchases.

Update to CEF 3.3325.1755.g7c74b17

salvadordf

Update to CEF 3.3325.1755.g7c74b17

Post by salvadordf »

Hi,

I just updated CEF4Delphi to CEF 3.3325.1755.g7c74b17 which includes Chromium 65.0.3325.181

This update brings many small code changes because I had to check most of the project code while I was trying to fix the shutdown crash (GitHub issue #108).

That bug is still present :( but it's be harder to find. I had to make some of the main initialization classes more similar to the official CEF demo code and also make other classes slightly safer.

While I was checking the code I found and fixed several small bugs. Most of them were incorrect declarations like the TChromium.OnBeforePopup event.

I also noticed that the shutdown bug can be avoided if :
  • You use a separate EXE for the subprocesses.
  • You delay the destruction of GlobalCEFApp. To add a delay set the new property GolbalCEFApp.ShutdownWaitTime to 500 ms or 1000 ms. The default is 0.
I had to remove the GlobalCEFApp function that waited for the rest of the processes because it returned immediately with an "access denied" error.

The CEF3 binaries are these :
salvadordf

Re: Update to CEF 3.3325.1755.g7c74b17

Post by salvadordf »

It's only a simpler way to handle the subprocesses. Some applications have a very complicated DPR and the DPR modifications required to use a different EXE are much simpler.

To use it in your app you have to add this to your DPR :
GlobalCEFApp.BrowserSubprocessPath := 'SubProcess.exe';

Then compile the "SubProcess" demo and copy Subprocess.exe to the same directory where you have your app.
Make sure you configure GlobalCEFApp with the same properties in your app and in the SubProcess project.

You don't need to copy the 'crash_reporter.cfg' file.

Read the GitHub issue for more details :
https://github.com/salvadordf/CEF4Delphi/issues/108
salvadordf

Re: Update to CEF 3.3325.1755.g7c74b17

Post by salvadordf »

:oops: :(

I'll keep looking for the cause of this bug.