How do I configure my Gmail account in BriskBard?
As many other email services, Gmail blocks POP and IMAP access by default. It's necessary to enable them manually in order to use BriskBard.
- Login to gmail.com and click on the cogwheel button.
- Select the Settings option.
- Click on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP option.
- Select the Enable POP for all mail option.
- Click on the Save changes button at the bottom of that page.
- Click on the account icon. In this case Gmail asigned a 'G' but it could be different.
- Click on the My account button.
- A new tab will appear. Click on the Signing in to Google option.
- Turn off the 2-step Verification option and turn on the Allow less secure apps option at the bottom of that page.
- Open a new email tab in BriskBard and click on the cogwheel button. If you didn't have any email accounts configured you can skip to the 14th step.
- Click on the Configuration... menu option.
- Select the Accounts tab.
- Click on the wand to open the email account configuration wizard.
- On the first step of the email account configuration wizard fill out the name, email address and password of the Gmail account.
- Click on the Next button.
- The wizard detected the Gmail address and filled automatically all the information. Click on the Next button.
- Click on the Save button.
- Click on the Ok button to save the changes.